If you have erectile dysfunction, you’re not alone. Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection of normal size and rigidity for satisfactory sexual performance. Keep reading to learn more about how to treat erectile dysfunction at our pharmacy in Bury.
Erectile dysfunction is a common condition that affects men. It can be caused by physical and emotional factors, such as stress, anxiety and depression. Erectile dysfunction can be treated with medications or surgery if it’s severe enough to cause problems in your daily life.
Erectile dysfunction is caused by a complex interaction of physical and psychological factors. Physical factors include high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease; psychological issues such as stress, anxiety, depression and relationship issues can also contribute to erectile dysfunction. Some medications may cause ED as well.
The symptoms of erectile dysfunction include:
– Difficulties getting or keeping an erection – This may be caused by physical issues like diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol levels. If you have erectile dysfunction, you may need to see a pharmacist or doctor if your problem persists over time.
– Inability to have an orgasm during sex – For example, if you’re having trouble with premature ejaculation (PE), then this could cause problems with maintaining an erection during sex too. It’s also possible that there are psychological factors at play here too. For example, if someone has been sexually abused as a child or teenager; these experiences can leave them feeling anxious about their bodies and sexuality for some time (and therefore unable to enjoy pleasure).
– Difficulty with ejaculation – Again, this can be due to psychological reasons related back to childhood experiences where you learnt either negative messages about your body/sexuality etc.
For diagnosis, your pharmacist or doctor will ask about your symptoms and perform a physical exam. They may also recommend that you have blood tests done to check for other conditions that could be causing ED. A urologist (a doctor who specialises in problems with the urinary tract) can perform more advanced imaging tests, such as an ultrasound scan of the prostate gland. This type of test isn’t necessary for most men with normal erectile function. However, it may help if there is something unusual going on inside the body, like an enlarged prostate gland or another medical issue that causes ED.
If you’re suffering from erectile dysfunction, it’s important to get treatment right away. Numerous options are available to address the issue. The most effective treatments include:
Medications such as phosphodiesterase inhibitors (PDE5 inhibitors) are often used in combination with other medications or lifestyle changes. These medications act on your blood flow by increasing nitric oxide production and helping to relax blood vessels in your penis so that they can dilate during an erection. PDE5 inhibitors include tadalafil (Cialis), vardenafil (Levitra), sildenafil (Viagra) and avanafil (Stendra). Take only with a doctor’s prescription, these medications can cause serious side effects like strokes or heart attacks if used improperly.
If treating your ED with medication isn’t enough, then surgery may be necessary. This is for situations where improving your health and lifestyle with diet and exercise changes aren’t enough.
If lifestyle changes aren’t enough either, there are also some non-medical ways you can improve your health through diet and exercise.
You may be feeling down about your erectile dysfunction, but don’t forget that there are many ways to treat it. If you have been diagnosed with the condition and want to try something different, talk with your doctor or pharmacist. They can help you find a treatment plan that works best for you and your lifestyle.
Some treatment options include:
– Talking to your medical provider about other medications or devices that could help improve erections in the future (such as Viagra).
– Trying different medicines such as Cialis or Levitra if the prescribed medications aren’t working for you they’re MHRA-approved for treating erectile dysfunction.
– Using a vacuum erection device – this device helps men achieve erections by mimicking natural penile blood flow patterns.
Millions of men across the world suffer from this common condition. It can be very frustrating, but there are ways to reduce your symptoms and improve your sex life. With some simple lifestyle changes, you may find that erectile dysfunction is no longer an issue for you.
Visit Pimhole Pharmacy today for more information and learn how to treat erectile dysfunction in Bury.